Content marketing is a hot topic these days and for very good reason. 70% of marketers actively investing their time and energy in content marketing bears testament to its power! We know that ‘’content is king’’ but are you maximizing its lead generation potential?
A recent survey by HubSpot indicates that 67% of companies use lead generation as the key driving metric in determining content success.
Nowadays, one of the main keys to a successful business is the generation of new sales leads. But quality Lead generation isn’t an easy task. A recent survey by HubSpot indicates that 61 percent of marketers think lead generation is their number one challenge.
One of the biggest mistakes marketers commit is pushing their products onto the faces of their customers. People don’t like being sold to. Instead, they should provide informative content upfront, which would add a ton of value to their customers, which would want them to keep coming back for more.
After the creation of effective content, Here are the 5 ways you can generate qualified leads with content marketing.
1) Upgrade your landing pages
Your marketing landing pages may receive a ton of traffic but are you converting those visitors to leads?
According to WordStream, “Across industries, the average landing page conversion rate was 2.35%. However the top 25% landing pages are converting at 5.31% or higher. Ideally, you want to break into the top 10% — these are the landing pages with conversion rates of 11.45% or higher.”
For marketers, there’s nothing more frustrating than low landing page conversion rates! Sometimes, all you need is one high converting landing page to double your cash flow. Even if you don’t generate that amount of revenue, a high converting landing page can be the foundation of a successful online business.
How to execute landing pages more effectively:
- The most important factor when it comes to creating a high converting landing page is constructing the message that we want to deliver to our customers. Here are some tips on great copywriting that will convert.
- Ensure your website is well designed so that it provides a good user experience and helps your website visitors access and navigate your website with ease.
- Prompt the visitors to take further action on the website to collect their email addresses
Eg : Download E-Book, Enter 30-minutes free strategy session
2) Precision Targeting
Having built a highly converting landing page, the next step is to drive quality traffic to the landing page. This could be done through Precision targeting.
Precision targeting is a digital marketing approach structured around data and audience insight. The central aim is to know your audience and then to give them exactly what they need, where they need it, and when they need it.
Good content alone won’t cut it. To generate qualified leads your content needs to add value to your visitors.
How to execute precise targeting effectively:
- Analyze the most effective social media platforms across the buyer’s journey
- Gather information on your audience’s interests and pain points through smart forms and analytics (like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights).
- Also, review top-performing content and understand what content keeps them engaged, as well as when and where they do it.
- Be mindful when using social media ads since media titans such as Facebook practice passive advertising which involves making ads look as natural as possible with the intention of not interrupting the user’s digital experience.
3) Offer Lead Magnets
A lead magnet is a marketing term for a free resource given in exchange for contact details of your target audience.
Now that we have generated traffic to our landing page through precision targeting, it’s time to get the visitor’s data in exchange for providing them with a Lead Magnet.
How to execute Lead Magnets effectively:
- You want your leads acquisition process to be as seamless as possible. If implemented according to plan you can build strong relationships outside of the platform. ‘Sign up for your email list’’ is one of the easiest ways this could be done.
- Visitors will be hesitant to provide their email addresses as they do not trust your intentions nor do they want to get bombarded with sales messages on their emails. This is why you need to provide them with a lead magnet to clear their doubt and create trust with your brand.
4) Insert content upgrades
A content upgrade is a bonus piece of info that is provided to the visitors once they consume content on our site which they are already seemed to be interested in.
For example, Those reading a blog on ‘How to design a great website’ could be provided with ‘Free templates for designing a great website’ once they done complete reading the blog.
Here are some examples on great content upgrades (https://optinmonster.com/30-content-upgrade-ideas-to-grow-your-email-list/)
How to execute content upgrades more effectively:
- Content Upgrade is easy to create and share, convert more leads by adding content upgrades to your blog posts or transcript pages.
- Embed your lead boxes repeatedly into your content page.
5) Long-tail SEO
To convert qualified leads, you must be very selective with your keyword choices since people are intently seeking your content so the more specific you are the better.
In order to successfully rank higher than your competition, Long-tail Keywords that your target leads are likely to search for need to be set in place.
In brief long-tail keywords are highly-focused search queries that are usually longer – than more commonly searched for keywords and tend to convert exceptionally well.
For Example: Best burgers in Melbourne
Whenever a customer uses a highly specific search phrase, they tend to be looking for exactly what they are actually going to buy. Therefore, specific searches are far more likely to convert to sales.
How to execute Long-tail SEO more effectively:
- An incredibly simple way to find long-tail keywords is to use Google autofill.
- Enter a search term into Google and study the long-tail keywords that appear to understand what niche topics people search for.
- Find more of the three and four keyword phrases which are very specific to whatever you are selling. See competition data for each keyword, enabling you to pick the most promising keywords.
- Google Trends and Uber suggest could be 2 great sources to find out what your customers are searching for based on their geographical location.
So there you have it! We have listed down 5 great ways to generate qualified leads through content marketing.
Implement these into your marketing activities and you will see your lead generation results improve considerably.
Let us know what your thoughts and suggestions on some of the other content marketing strategies brands could undertake to improve lead generation in the comments section.
and we’ll help figure out what is required to take your business towards your next phase of growth